Welcome to COMS Interactive and Daylight IQ™
Daylight IQ™ is the first healthcare delivery system based upon disease management,
clinical outcomes measurement and performance improvement for long term care residents.
Nursing facilities find it difficult to manage residents who have multiple acute
and chronic diseases. Unfortunately, this translates into declining health for elderly
residents and an increased rate of hospital re-admissions.
Daylight IQ™ helps address the national trend of escalating hospital re-admissions
from nursing homes, from which nearly 30% of skilled residents are re-admitted.
- Address more than 85% of chronic diseases that lead to re-hospitalization
- Increase skilled bed occupancy by up to 87%
- Reduce resident re-hospitalization by 50%
Clinical Care Reminder - Dehydration
Dehydration is a clinical condition that occurs in response to:
- Water loss greater than the amount of water taken in or
- Water intake less than needed to maintain hydration.
General Risk Factors:
- Acute Illness
- Decrease in fluid intake (<75% of food/fluid consumed)
- Dysphagia/Inability to drink water
- Excess sweating/Fever
- Burns/Large Wounds
- Medications - Ace inhibitors, Diuretics, Laxatives, Lithium, Dilantin Toxicity
- Resident NPO
- Urinary frequency
Signs and Symptoms:
- Changes in ADLs
- Changes in mental status
- Decreased urinary Output
- Weakness/Muscle cramps
- Weight loss (3 - 5 lbs in short time)
- Dry: Mouth, Mucus Membranes, Skin, Loss of Tearing